Ben Stein gives an economics lecture to disengaged students.
- Do you remember what the teacher was talking about?
- Did anyone learn anything from that lecture?
- What percentage of your class time is spent lecturing? How can you incorporate student interaction in your lessons?
- Ben Stein asked students questions throughout his lecture, but was he actually promoting student interaction?
- Can you have a class that incorporates both student interaction and lecturing? What are the benefits of each?
- What do you do when your students appear disengaged?
Source: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, dir. John Hughes