Middle school students created a play to provide an opportunity for their friend Keith to score a touchdown. They accept him and support him despite his differences. They all improve each others’ lives.
- What can you surmise about these students’ values, beliefs, and theoretical frameworks based on their plan?
- Have you ever had an experience when a student or students surprised you in a positive way? What was it?
- How can your school foster acceptance of and support for all students? How did acceptance and support affect Keith’s life? How did it affect the lives of the students who made the plan?
- What are values can students learn from their co-curricular experiences? How do you create an environment in which these values are promoted?
- How often do you think outside of the box or encourage the students at your school to think outside of the box?
Source: CBS Evening News, prod. CBS News Production