Classic attendance clip from the film Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- Why is it important to know your students?
- Is this valuable instruction time? Why or why not?
- If a student came tardy to this class, what would he or she have missed?
- Why is it important to make the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes especially significant to students?
- How can we make class a place where students want to be?
- How are student and staff attendance rates at your school? Why do you think this is?
Source: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, dir. John Hughes