Bart Simpson is sent to a remedial class after it is discovered that he never learned cursive.
- Why did Bart make an inappropriate noise with his arm when he couldn’t perform the task he was asked?
- Who benefited by Bart going into the “Leg Up” program?
- Do you see students in your school who are not being served by the programs currently available?
- What systems exist in your school to ensure students are prepared, properly placed, and adequately challenged?
- What systems are in place in your school for students who are missing a specific foundational skill?
- How could the first teacher have better supported Bart?
- How could the Leg Up program better serve students?
- How successful are remedial programs in your school? Why or why not?
Source: The Simpsons, prod. Al Jean